The data generated by a business should be owned by this business for its own and its customers benefits.
- Own data warehouse over vendor locked in
- Central data warehouse over silos
- Open, transferable data format over vendor proprietary
- De-coupled warehouse, ETL and business analysis tool over monolith
- Open-source over proprietary
- Own warehouse doesn’t necessary mean owned physical infrastructure, use of AWS, Azure or other cloud infrastructure is fine as long as you have a plan of how can you move out if required